The UltraRAE 3000 is the most advanced compound-specific monitor on the market. It’s one of the few monitors that can accurately measure benzene from 50 ppb to 200 ppm and other volatile organic compounds as high as 10,000 ppm. Its 60-second benzene measurement snapshot and 15-minute benzene STEL measurement provide excellent versatility for pre screening entries, responding to marine spills, and monitoring refineries downstream.
Key Features of the Ultrarae 3000
- VOCs can be measured accurately from 0.05 to 10,000 parts per million
- Response time for VOCs is 3 seconds
- Unique 15-minute STEL measurement option and 60-second snapshot measurement option
- There are correction factors for more than 350 compounds
- There are 9.8eV UV lamps for benzene and TVOC, and 10.6eV and 11.7eV lamps for TVOC
- Compound-specific RAESep benzene tube
- Compensation for humidity
- A sample pump can draw samples from up to 100 feet away
- The gas type, correction factor, and concentration are displayed on a large display
- Housing designed for harsh environments
- Auto-cleaning of sensors and lamps
- A flashlight is built-in
- A multilingual capability of up to 10 languages is available
- The calculation of sampling time is automatically controlled by temperature
Key Specs of the Ultrarae 3000
Using the built-in Bluetooth and wireless signals, you’ll be able to get VOC readings anywhere in your facility. The UltraRAE 3000 is usually used for Benzene measurements with RAE separation tubes. Benzene tubes work as filters before photoionization detection, so you can take selective measures with a standard 9.8 eV lamp. Benzene-specific readings come from RAE-Sep tubes that physically absorb potentially interfering compounds.
UltraRAE 3000 detects the following through its photoionization sensor with standard 9.8 eV or 11.7 eV lamps:
- VOCs â€“ 0 to 99.99 ppm
- 100 to 999.9 ppm
- 1000 to 9999 ppm
- Benzene â€“ 0 to 200 ppm
- Butadiene â€“ 0 to 200 ppm
In the Ultrarae 3000, built-in alarms warn you of the presence of the following hazardous elements:
- To indicate that preset limits have been exceeded, a 95dB buzzer (at 12/30 cm) will sound, and a red LED will flash
- High: 3 flashes and beeps per second
- Low: 2 flashes and beeps per second
- STEL and TWA: 1 flash and beep per second
- Latching alarms that can be manually overridden or automatically reset
- For low battery and pump stalls, there is an additional diagnostic alarm and display message
- Humidity monitor
What Is the Ultrarae 3000 Used For?
Besides being a quick spot-check monitor for benzene, the UltraRAE 3000 features a dual detection mode that provides a 60-second snapshot or 1-minute STEL measurement of total benzene exposure. Compared to previous models, the dual detection mode offers a massive boost to performance. Benzene is detected at a low range with the UltraRAE 3000 (down to 50 ppb), keeping employees and customers safe.
The proven pre-tube technology pioneered by RAE Systems gives a lower risk of false alarms, producing accurate benzene readings on the spot. The UltraRAE 3000+ is typically used by occupational health, safety, and environmental personnel. By combining filter pre-tubes with Photo Ionisation Detectors (PIDs), colorimetric tubes and gas chromatographs overcome their disadvantages. With the RAE-Sep tube, you can either get a total vapour reading or a specific compound reading, such as benzene in petroleum vapours or methylene chloride in organic solvents.
What Are the Benefits of the Ultrarae 3000?
With the UltraRAE 3000, you can easily operate it because of its large graphical display, which displays VOCs in terms of ppm by volume, STEL and TWA, battery and shut down voltages, as well as dates, times, and temperatures. With four rubberised buttons on the front of the monitor, it’s easy to operate, even when wearing gloves.
Maintaining the lamp, sensor, and battery is easy as the operator can access them without any tools. In addition to being rechargeable and interchangeable, the battery can be swapped out in the field, and when fully charged, it will power the monitor for up to 16 hours.
The UltraRAE 3000 has the highest sensitivity to benzene of any monitor on the market, with a Benzene-Specific mode. It has one of the highest levels of benzene detection of any monitor on the market, with a sensitivity of up to 50ppb.
Using the 60-second snapshot or 15-minute STEL measurement, you can prescreen the space before entering, which is perfect for confined space work.
As for response time, it’s speedy, as little as 3 seconds in VOC mode and 60 seconds in compound-specific mode.
Thanks to the tough rubberized casing and IP-65 rating, the UltraRAE 3000 monitor is rugged and capable of withstanding harsh environments.
Who Can Use the Ultrarae 3000?
Occupational health, safety, and environmental personnel use the UltraRAE as a quick spot-check monitor for tank entry screening, hazardous material response, marine spill response, and downstream refinery monitoring during refinery maintenance and plant maintenance. With UltraRAE, colorimetric tubes and gas chromatographs are eliminated due to a separate tube and a photoionization detector (PID) combination.
Why Do You Need the Ultrarae 3000?
Its advanced compound-specific monitoring system, the UltraRAE 3000, can measure benzene at 50 ppb to 200 ppm and other VOCs at 10,000 ppm. A snapshot of benzene can be taken within 60 seconds, and a STEL measurement can be taken within 15 minutes of the UltraRAE 3000. Entry prescreening, marine spill response and refinery downstream monitoring can all be performed using these measurements.