The Midas is an extractive transmitter that uses interchangeable pre-calibrated sensor cartridges for use as a compact, fully-featured gas detection system.
Main features of the Midas gas detector
The MidasÂ® gas detector is an extractive gas sampling system that draws a sample locally or from a remote point to a sensor cartridge that is located inside the detectorâ€™s chassis.A Wide range of gas sensor cartridges are available to detect up to 35 gases:
- Corrosive gases,
- Oxidizer (including Oxygen)
With a flow rate of 500 mL/min and transport time of 2 to 30 seconds maximum.MidasÂ®gas detector can be wall mounted and displays gas concentration, alarm, fault and status information via its bright backlit LCD display and LED Lights. Operation is through a 4-button keypad located under the display where the user can
- Set-up options (including quick set up)
- review operation and gas readings
- make changes
to the detectorâ€™s configuration. MidasÂ® has flexible power and communications capabilities built in as standard. These include:
- power supply by 24VDC
- 3 on board relays, for A1, A2 and fault
- 0-21 mA analog output,
- Modbus/TCP outputs for signal and service connectivity
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection that enables a single Ethernet connection to be made for all power, control and communication requirements.
- An optional LonWorksÂ® interface is available.
- Quick Start Guide
- PG16 gland fitting 1/4 O.D.x 1/8 I.D. Sample Inlet tubing (10â€²) [3m] 1/4 O.D x 3/16 I.D. Exhaust tubing (10â€²) [3m] Sample line tubing duct adapter (1283K1090)
The units are generally used in the semiconductor and hi-tech industries and can be used with a wide range of pre-calibrated smart gas sensors.
Additional Specifications of the Midas Gas Detector
- Event logging to review sensor history
- Factory-calibrated sensors to reduce need for frequent gas testing
- Isolated 0-22 mA analog output with fault and event reporting
- Modbus/TCP Ethernet for easy connectivity to all control and alarm systems ports for control connectivity and service interaction
- Robust extractive pump system (2 year lifetime) sampling up to 100 feet
- CE marked for total immunity to Radio Frequency Interference
- ReflexÂ® sensor health check for improved safety
- TempraSureTM temperature compensation technology as appropriate
- Keypad interface and remote web browser interface
- Optional Midas Pyrolyzer module that connects to any Midas Gas Detector
- Password protected menu levels to preserve system integrity
- Cartridges are pre-calibrated and fitted through the front of the device
- The device has a cartridge viewing window
- The Midas Gas Detector can be configured for pumped gas detection or gas detection at its location
- Serviceable product made with components that can be easily replaced
- Easy instalation
- optional filter housing
- lonworks module
Midas Gas Detector Warranty
Midas Gas Detectors Features up to 2-year warranty
- MIDAS-S carry a 12 month (1 year) warranty from switch-on/installation or up to 18 months from the date of shipment from Honeywell Analytics, whichever is less.
- MIDAS-E carry a 24 month (2 year) warranty from switch-on/installation or up to 30 months from the date of shipment from Honeywell Analytics, whichever is less.
- Cartridges 12 month warranty (with optional 2-year extended warranty)
Midas Gas Detector Maintenance Schedule
- Pump 2 years/as needed
- Pyrolyzer (all models) 1 year
- Internal Filter 2 years/as needed
- External Sample Line Filter:
- 780248 3-6 months
- 1991-0147 3-6 months
- 1830-0055 3-6 months
- 1830-0027 1 month
- Leak Check Leak Check: every 6 months or after pump, pyrolyzer or internal filter replacement.
- Bump Test 6 months
- Flow Calibration: Flow Calibrate after pump, pyrolyzer or internal filter replacement.