In hazardous areas, Honeywell BW RigRat offers a more user-friendly solution for monitoring multi-gas areas. You can place the monitor in close proximity, and it will alert workers to potential gas threats.With Honeywellâ€™s remote monitoring software, you can monitor gas readings, location, compliance with safety policies, and other data in real-time from any device with an internet connection using the RigRat. This notifies your employees and others of any area gas threats. The option of adding an integrated noise sensor or meteorological data sensor will show data from these sensors in the software.
Specifications of The BW RigRat
- Safety perimeter using wireless technology
- Remote monitoring, ensuring user friendliness
- Compatible with Honeywell TouchPointTM Plus
- Providing extended runtime in the field with line power
- An inert mode that prevents alarms in normal ambient conditions
- An easy-to-read display with a large screen
- Up to six slots for interchangeable gas sensors. Choice of electrochemical, PID, infrared, and catalytic bead sensors (measuring percent LEL and percent by volume).
- With an optional protective cage, the design is rugged and weatherproof
- The I/O ports provide additional input capabilities and allow local executive activation
- Added protection. Alerts workers to nearby gas leaks, whereas personal detectors cover only the breathing zone.
- One button operation (user-friendliness)
Specs of The BW RigRat
- A single charge provides 8 weeks of runtime
- There are up to six gas sensors
- Input and output that can be programmed
- An easy setup for your smartphone
- IP65 for pumped models, ip67 for diffusion models
- Radio: Bluetooth, Mesh & Wifi
- GPS Receiver (optional)
What is RigRat? The BW RigRat is Honeywellâ€™s multi-gas area monitor. Fully self-contained, it alerts nearby workers to hazards in the zone while personal gas detectors monitor their breathing zones. Itâ€™s perfect for lone workers. It has red and green visual alarms to tell if youâ€™re in a safe zone immediately.Benefits of Using the BW RigRatWorking from temperatures as low -40Ã‚Â°C to +60Ã‚Â°C, the Honeywell BWÃ¢â€žÂ¢ RigRat can alert workers to gas threats both indoors and outdoors.There are up to six gas sensors, including toxic gases, O2, LEL, PIDs for VOCs, infrared sensors for highly flammable gases, and certified 4R sensors for RAEs.
Among the other benefits of the BW RigRat are:
- Toxic plume tracking using an integrated noise and meteorological sensor.
- The area monitor can run for up to 8 weeks on a single charge. It has a rechargeable Li-ion battery that requires less than 18 hours to charge.
- The unit has six slots for interchangeable gas sensors, including electrochemical, PID, infrared, and catalytic beads.
- Noise sensor and meteorological data sensor integrated.
- Enhance configurations with programmable inputs and outputs.
- Certificate of approval for explosive atmospheres. Itâ€™s certified for ATEX/IECEx Zone 0 and CSA C1D1.
- Available with a pump for remote sampling. Zone declassification, turnarounds, confined spaces, routine maintenance, fence lines, and more.
- Simple one-button operation. No expertise is needed.
- An easy mobile app for setting alarms, calibrating equipment, and more.
- It alerts workers to nearby gas leaks, unlike personal detectors, which only detect gas in the breathing zone.
What Gases Does the BW Rigrat Detect? Gases that can be detected by the RigRat include:
- Combustible gases (IR/LEL)
- Carbon dioxide (CO2 and CO2 extended range)
- Volatile Organic â€“ Compounds (VOC)
- Carbon monoxide (CO & CO extended range)
- Carbon monoxide â€“ H2 resistant
- Hydrogen sulphide (H2S and H2S extended range)
- Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
- Oxygen (O20
- Nitric oxide (NO)
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
- Hydrogen cyanide (HCN)
- Ammonia (NH3)
- Chlorine (CL2)
How Long Does the Battery Last on the BW Rigrat?Unlike other portable monitors, the RigRat runs for 8 weeks on a single charge. Its LCD display shows gas values, information and battery status at a glance and can be charged for safe and hazardous areas. Upon sensing the presence of gas, Honeywellâ€™s BW RigRat activates a dual alarm system. In addition to the bright LED lights on both sides of the monitor, a loud 108-decibel alarm will also sound if hazardous gases are present. Green lights indicate compliance and safety, while red lights indicate an emergency. A powerful feature of the RigRat is its ability to connect to remote monitoring software, which lets you see real-time readings, monitor continuously from a distant location, and automate administrative tasks. Additionally, Honeywellâ€™s BW RigRat can connect with other Honeywell equipment, such as a TouchPoint Plus Controller or MultiRAE personal gas detector. You can use the device configurator app to connect the BW RigRat to your smartphone. Here you can view logs, calibrate and edit alarm settings remotely.