BW Clip H2S Monitor
The BW Clip H2S monitor from Honeywell is our most popular single gas detection unit and one of the best H2S monitors for sale in Ireland and the UK. Compatible with four different sensor options, the BW Clip offers unbeatable versatility across a wide range of applications. Portable, reliable and lightweight, this H2S monitor doesn’t require calibration, charging, sensor replacement or maintenance meaning great reliability.
What is an H2S monitor used for?
Ideal for compliance and protection in hazardous, industrial environments the H2S monitor will protect you against harmful levels of hydrogen sulphide. These gases are colourless and toxic and need to be constantly monitored to protect workers from being exposed to them at unsafe levels.
BW Clip H2S Monitor Details
- Available gas type: H2S, CO, O2, LEL, SO2.
- A simple, easy-to-use one-button operation.
- Compact, lightweight and portable designed to provide two years of maintenance-free operation.
- Configurations of high and low alarm set points before the device is activated.
- Designed for a range of harsh environments and extreme temperatures.
- Automatic logging of the 35 most recent gas events and bump test results for analysis and record-keeping.
- Ingress protection – IP 66/67.
- No need for calibration, sensor replacement, battery replacement or battery charging.
- Compatible with the IntelliDoX instrument management system for quick bump tests, tracking, adjustable set points and more.
For workers who only require the occasional use of an H2S monitor, the BW Clip can be stored in a hibernation case to prolong its lifespan by up to 12 months.
How does an H2S monitor work?
A H2S monitor uses electrochemical sensors to detect concentrations of hydrogen sulphide and other gases in extremely low amounts, measured in parts per million. The monitor will run continuously and alert you if levels are exceeded with multiple flashing, wide-angle LEDs and audible, vibrating alarms.
When should an H2S monitor be used?
As these gases are dangerous in very low concentrations, a H2S monitor should be worn whenever they might be present. H2S monitors are frequently used in industrial settings such as gas or petroleum plants and refineries, as well as sewage, and slurry agitation on farms and wastewater treatment facilities.
Where should I wear my H2S monitor?
The BW Clip H2S monitor can clip anywhere onto your uniform but it is important that it is in your breathing zone.
Two or three years from activation (given normal operation), plus one-year shelf life (6 months for O2). Up to three years for two-year H2S and CO detectors when used with the hibernation feature, limited to 24 months of detector operation.
We always advise that you speak with one of our specialist safety staff when ordering gas detection products to ensure you order the correct model and specification for your application.